We (the Thunderbird team) released Thunderbird 5.0 about a week ago. It's currently being offered to 10% of our users as an update from 3.1.11. When we release new versions we try to monitor early upgrader feedback in bugzilla, in getsatisfaction and on a crash stat reporting page. Our current top crasher is related to Lightning and Windows.
None of the developers can currently reproduce the bug, so we are counting on our users to help us debug the issue so we can fix it.
- Are you using Windows?
- Are you using Lightning?
- Did you upgrade to Thunderbird 5.0 and Lightning 1.0b4?
- Did you crash after that update?
If the answer to all these question is yes - maybe you can help us fix this issue. You'll need to locate your CrashID as explained on our knowledge base article. And look it up on the crash-stats page.
If the signature is
cal::UTC() you can help us - if not we'll get to fixing your bug later.
What we need to know is:
- What were you doing when you crashed?
- Do you use tasks?
- What kind of calendar (or calendars) do you connect to?
- Do you have a calendar tab open in Thunderbird?
- Do you have a lot of events that are created in a different time zone?
Let us know those settings, by either living a comment here, or on bug 603416
- Finally, and most importantly, do you crash often due to this issue?